Part of Her Plan

I am starting to understand how it happens - how people find themselves having just one more. Who would want all things baby to end? Who would want the squishy cheeks, pudgy feet and squeals of delight to end? Drew and I were talking the other day about my labor with Leah and I was so surprised at my memory of how it all happened. How is it that all that pain can barely be recalled yet I can remember as if it were yesterday the very first moment I got to hold her in my arms and see her sweet face.

Funny too how much things can change from the first baby to the second. Drew has said to me , "First born is made of glass and second is made of rubber." I am finding out how very true that is. I find myself not wanting Leah to learn too fast, I simply don’t want her to grow up too fast. I selfishly want to enjoy all her squishy baby body parts forever. But she is growing up and if it is possible she is getting more adorable by the minute. Her eyes are getting bluer and more striking minute by minute. I think it is part of her plan, part of her plan to be so irresistibly cute that you can’t help but smile when you see her. Even if she is being mischievous.

Leah is very physical, wiggling all the time and she can barely be contained. She almost always refuses to sit still, loves to be tickled and laughs all the time. If she knows you and likes you, she will bounce in your lap forever. If she doesn’t like you, you will know it. She will cry her little head off. If she sees Mommy walk by when you are holding her… forget it. There is no one she likes more right now than Mommy. She has started to reach out to me to pick her up which melts my heart every time. When she is happy she screeches with joy and will clap her hands and wait for you to return with claps of your own.

Some other things about Leah at 9 months old:
She weighs 17.5 lbs (25th percentile)
She is 29 inches long (90th percentile)
No pearly whites yet… I know I said in her 8 month update that I was SURE she was getting them but I think I am starting to realize that with Leah we cannot be SURE of anything. She is going to keep us on our toes here at the house and I love her for it!

No comments: