her plans

We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us ~ Joseph Campbell


Since Jordan had preschool today I decided I was going to get a ton of stuff done. I was going to get laundry done, clean the kitchen and the bathrooms (floors too) and workout. That all went straight out the window when I starting to clean the kitchen and Leah came in. Her tiny hand grabbed mine and she started to pull me into the family room and she asked "you watch with me?" When I looked down into her deep blue eyes I simply could not resist. My only regret is that the time flew by far too quickly.

First we snuggled up on the couch and watched Handy Manny while I had a cup of coffee and she drank her orange juice. Then we "took a tubby" with tons and tons of bubbles and way too many toys. Then I braided her hair in her first french braid. Next we had snacks and before I knew it we were off to pick up Jordan from school.

I got nothing yet everything important done. She has grown so much in even just this past week. It seems like she is talking so much more and so well too. I just got done asking a few people if they thought I should talk to my doctor about speech therapy for her and now all of a sudden it is like the flip was switched for her.

Drew and I are amazed by her every day. She keeps us on our toes and is such a wonderful gift to us in so many ways. Sometimes I get caught up in the everyday of life and I do not remember that they will stay small for such a short time. I have to remind myself the house work will wait but they will not wait to grow up. The floors will be dirty as quickly as I clean them. I am grateful for every single moment that I have with them and I am grateful for every single moment that they want to share with me. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daughter is one amazing yes amazing MOM
Love you Chrissy